Health Professional Overview
Benefits of UNICIRC Circumcision Instrument and Method
- Safe for both surgeons and patients
- Circumcision completed at a single visit
- Safe, needle-less, bloodless and sutureless
- Wound heals by Primary Intention and provides excellent cosmetic results
- Can be used in patients with Phimosis and Short Frenulum
- Can adjust removal of mucosa for HIV prevention
- No wearing of instrument
- Safer than open surgical circumcision procedure
- No scheduled return visit needed for removal of instrument
- Fast to perform, easy to teach and learn
At training, video and procedure manuals are available. Based on that, within the near future, an E-Learning Platform will be established.
TRAINING TRADITIONAL CIRCUMCISERS
UNICIRC method is suited for traditional circumcisers.
Circumcision is important in HIV prevention
Amount of mucosea to be removed for effective HIV prevention:
Langerhans Cells: causing HIV infection through transport of the Virus:
Training/certification of entire circumcision procedure to lower Cadre Health professionals, e.g. Clinical Officers, Nurses. Procedure can be performed safely by Healthcare providers with minimal level of training.